2 subs?

I have Zu druid speakers with 1 mini method sub. I have been fighting a really thin sounding sound since I moved the gear to a new home. I am trying to optimize the room, but....would adding a second sub help at all. Also, the base is not really the problem, instead its the whole midrange...it is just hollow sounding. I guess I am wondering could I add a second Mini method sub and drop the level dial and raise the crossover to help with the thin sound.
csmithbarc
Yes the rooms have different ceiling heights. They sounded great in a standard rectangle room with wall to wall carpeting and 9' ceiling. They are now in a much more open room with ceiling height going from 10' to around 14'(shed roof). As well the side wall has many large floor to ceiling windows. Basically, the room is a large open family room to kitchen with hardwood floors, giant glass windows, and tall sloping ceiling. The system just sounds really really thin. As well, the Druids are only about a foot from the rear wall(cannot move out). I am thinking about changing speakers to something like the Gradient revolutions that seem to work better in poor rooms (but would like to fix the problem with the druids if i can).
The space between wall and Druid is not nearly as critical as the space between it and the floor regarding bottom end response.

You're experiencing the same problems I did with similar room conditions.

Dealer disclaimer
AudioFeil,

In your humble opinion am I better off choosing new speakers than trying to fix this problem with the druids by buying more subs?
Don't throw any money at the problem until diagnosed. Send everyone to the movies and start moving the sub and speakers until you get a result, even if you can't leave them there. Than you'll know.
This problem might be the suckout at 130 Hz to 170 HZ . This is probably due to the tuned pipe - 150 Hz is around 8 feet - so ceiling height may play a big role in the sound (does it excite the ceiling room mode for a boost or not) Since the pipe is ported out the bottom - try flipping the speakers the other way up and see what you get.