2 runs of wires or 1 run w/ jumpers

I am considering trying Anti Cables level 3 7' speaker wires. Am I better off using 1 set of wires with jumpers or running 2 sets of 7' wires?
128x128thepigdog

Showing 2 responses by zd542

"03-24-15: Rlwainwright
Electrically, no difference. Monetarily, 100% more expensive for 2 runs. Aesthetically/street cred 2 runs are cooler. But if your real goal is the best sound, 1 run is as good as 2. Save yer money for stuff that really provides a benefit, like better source material and room tuning..."

Not true. There is an electrical difference. Also, on a speaker that is very sensitive to biwiring like my Vandersteen's, I can tell 100% of the time in a blind test. The difference is so big, its like swapping a component.
"I'm curious Zd542 if you are comparing apples with apples. By this I mean are you comparing (2) $1000 cables to (1) $2000 cables?"

Sorry. I didn't see your question.

I used my Tara The 2 as the expensive cables. If I remember correctly, they were priced at about $3500 for a single 8 foot run.

I was going to use 2 runs of AQ CV-8, as the inexpensive cables, so I ordered 2 separate runs. Cost on those were about $1300. As luck would have it, AQ messed up and sent me 2 pairs of Type 6 instead ($400 both runs). They let me keep the type 6 until my CV-8's came. The $400 Type 6's easily beat the $3500 Tara. If I didn't hear it for myself, I would have never believed there was such a big difference.