192 khz/24 bit Albums on Qobuz

Thought I'd try and start a list of 192 khz/24 bit albums folks have come across on Qobuz. They sound significantly better, but unfortunately do not know of a way to specifically search for them - 

REM - entire catalog
Muddy Waters - Folk Singer
CCR - Complete Studio Albums
Cannon Adderly - Somethin' Else
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch
John Coltrane - Blue Train
Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil

Let me know if you guys have come across other albums.

Stay safe and enjoy the music - looks like this may go on until June
128x128rdk777

Showing 2 responses by readheads

So I did that on the Qobuz App (not the store). I searched on "Main Artist", Allman Brothers. Clicked on "See all releases" and 99 albums showed up and 28 of them had the "Hi-Res AUDIO" logo on them. I had to click on the 28 individual "album covers" to see the khz. It varied from 44khz (surprising for Hi-Res) to 192khz. Not trivial at all.

Doing the same thing on the Qobuz Store I was able to filter it to different HI-RES QUALITY. The choices were 44.1, 48, 96, 192khz. There were 11 192khz albums.

To know what is available in 192khz I have to go back and forth from the store to the app. A major PIA. Although I just saw a button in the store called "Listen on Qobuz" which then queued up the 192khz album in the streaming app. I guess that's the easiest approach now.

Are you doing something different ?
I also just signed up for Qobuz and did some trade off listening / research between Qobuz FLAC 192khz and Tidal MQA 192khz. Its a PIA somewhat because my Node 2i streamer does not indicate the frequency being played. Searching for streaming 192khz on Qobuz is also not possible from what I can tell, however I went to the Qobuz download store and searched using the simple letter "e" and then it alllowed me to filter by 192khz and the store had 11,323 hits. I assume I can then find the same individual hit for streaming. (I put the link below). 

Also, my initial Qobuz streaming searches came up with a playlist called "24 bit 192 khz - Audigon" by Gregg. Search for that, Gregg came up with 522 tracks (almost 40 hours of tunes) -- thanks Gregg

My listening opinion so far is that 192khz definitely makes a difference (especially in the vocals and guitar). I am no expert at all especially after reading a bunch of Google opinions/reviews which tended to poo-poo the whole idea. I am only streaming (no cd, no records, etc) so I setup an A/B switch to change mid song between a 192khz DAC and a 96khz DAC and, confirmational bias aside, 192khz sounds fuller and more detailed. 

I stream ethernet to my Node 2i streamer with RCA connect to Rogue CRONUS MAGNUM II integrated amp and my new Vandersteen Treo CT speaker. I also have a Ayre CODEX DAC (which displays frequency). I went A/B between the Node 2i and CODEX because I found that for the CODEX to go above 96khz you MUST use the USB input and the Node 2i does not have a USB output. I ran optical from Node 2i to the CODEX which displayed 96khz for the A input and then ran RCA from the Node 2i direct to the amp for the B input (I read that for the Node 2i to process at 192khz you MUST use the RCA outputs by design for whatever reason). Switching between A/B mid song yielded differences to me. I have been advised to upgrade my streamer to Innous mini zen which will output correctly to the CODEX for 192khz. I am going to try that tomorrow and am excited because if I can perceive differences with a $500 Note 2i at 192khz, I can't wait to see what a $1200 streamer with the $2000 CODEX can do at 192khz. Hopefully my logic trail follows and the listening results correlate. And my bubble does not get burst.

Advice and comments are welcome as I am a new (old at 61) audio hi-fi wanna be.

This is all with the help/guidance of John Rutan of Audioconnect in Verona NJ. Thanks John.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/search?q=e&i=boutique#results