$150 Transport anyone?

I have developed a $150 CD Transport which I am trying to determine if there is enough interest for me to make it available for purchase. The unit is a true Transport with nothing more than a digital output in one of the 3 popular forms XLR, BNC or RCA. The unit is a small metal casing with a CD-ROM drive inside controlled by an IR remote control or by the buttons on the unit iself. It comes with silver wiring inside and a Canare or WBT or Neutrik output jack. The internal power supply is quieted by Ferrite beads and the output wiring is done with pure solid silver wire. This unit has got it where it counts no cheapo 10 cent output terminal or inexpensive wiring. The wire costs $2/foot and the casing is made of metal. The compact unit weighs about 10lbs while only being 9.5" wide by 11" deep and 2" tall. Solid construction with internal vibration dampening and a cooling fan. Is anyone interested or should I just keep making them for my friends and family???
orbeck

Showing 1 response by jvia

You say it does not have a display and you think it may not need one, but what about a way to locate tracks? What about at least an audible fast forward? These units would have to potential of getting tiring to use without at least one of these features. No offense to your logic, but a cassette or R2R timer/counter means a great deal once you have run that tape, either in record or play, on that machine, I can look at a # and know where the music I want to hear is on that tape. LP's has grooves I can find and set my stylus down on. Not to say there's not a market for what you have, but if you have a product that is not easy to use the way people tend to use them. or has a certain attractiveness about it, they fade rather quickly.