12ax7's

PARAGON PREAMP THAT USES 12AX7'S....I NEED TO KNOW
WHICH ONES WILL CREATE MAGIC...
128x128nealvito
I also agree with the Telefunkin choice! I replaced a pair of RCA's with the "Telly's" and the result was amazing! (I use a pair of 12AU7's...or ECC 82'S...as in your other post, Nealvito). More air, deeper and tighter bass, and a 3-D holographic soundstage. Andy at Vintage Tube Services got a batch of these tubes last month (12AU7's) and they're going quickly. His phone # is: 616-454-3467. I prefer paying extra for his expertise and custom matching rather that taking a "crap shoot" on ebay from an unknown source. Happy Tunes! Mike
I'll back Mike up on Andy at Vintage Tube Services, if you want the best then don't be afraid to pay a little extra for it. Andy is a man of his word and will never sell anyone bad merchandise. I got my Telefunkin 12AX7's from him along with a pair of Tungsol 5687's for the late 50's for my Sonic Frontiers Power 2 SE. Jason
HAVE A PARAGON 12 PREAMP...NEED TO KNOW IF THE CIRCUITS WILL WORK FOR 12AU7'S IN THIS PREAMP.
THANKS
HAVE A PARAGON 12 PREAMP...NEED TO KNOW IF THE CIRCUITS WILL WORK FOR 12AU7'S IN THIS PREAMP.
THANKS
I think Telefunken is overpriced (IMO). I'm running 12AX7 $10 NOS JAN Phillips in my cd player and I have no complaints.