12 inch Graham Phantom

Anyone compared this to the 9" or 10" arm tube?

Thanks
128x128glai
Syntax,

I am not sure if I can trust you on the length difference. Maybe you doped the pictures. I will have to verify this one myself soon.
Syntax - did you recall why CD was such an instant success back in teh early 1980ies?

Huh, this is a very serious question. Give me some time to think about it. Two or three days?
But wait, I can ask my wife. (Yeah, I know, no real Audiophile will do that, but ...)
...the said the real man wants to have the feeling of being the master and the REMOTE (especially when they are made from metal, 3 lbs+) has the most important features: Start + Stop
Probably I can give you a better answer.
In 2 or 3 days...or a week?
Hello guys,

I come from Europe and recently purchased Graham Phantom II tonearm with 12" armwand.I was missing specs for 12" armwand (in manual are specs for 9" and 10"),so I emailed to Bob Graham and asked him for specs for 12" version. The answer was,that 12" version should be adjusted same as SME V 12". Bob sent me document with SME dimensions as well.

So regarding this document specs are Leff 308,8, overhang 13,2, mounting distance ( Pivot-Spindle) 295,6.
To adjust mounting distance is easy using any quality protractor. I used Acoustic Solid.

http://www.acoustic-solid.de/html/schablone.html

So with mounting distance adjusted to 295,6,here comes the thing.
I should set overhang to 13,2 regarding to specs for SME V 12",but simply
I cant make less than 15-16mm. It doesnt matter which protractor I use,I dont want to set offset angle,I want to adjust only overhang first. The problem is that the screw,which is holding cartridge in headshell hits the inner edge of headshell and I cant move cartridge anymore. Best result 15-16mm overhang.

I dont know,for which scheme are these specs in SME V 12" manual,but I cant make it with Phantom II 12".
Leff 308,8,overhang 13,2,mounitng distance 295,6,offset angle 17,62

So guys,which dimensions,specs,schemes are you using with Graham Phantom II 12"? What will work with Pivot-to-Spindle 295,6 and overhang has to be at least 16mm? I use Transfiguration Phoenix cartridge.

I would appreciate any help.
Regards

Lukas
Measure the effective length of the tonearm with a ruler from the center of the screw slots to the pivot. Then plug that into Vinyl Engine's alignment calculator. This will give you the mounting distance. Maintain the iec standard and use Baerwald (what Graham tonearms use for the 9 inch). It will give you a pivot to spindle distance. Hopefully you can set the offset correctly.

For example if you elongate the effective length to 312 your pivot to spindle distance would change to 299 (which I assume you can adjust). The offset angle is still in the 17 range which you should be able to handle by turning the cartridge. You can even print an arc protractor from vinyl engine.