10a 250v power cord in us

Simple question. Is it ok to use a 10a 250v power cord in the united states on 110-120v products?

thanks,

daniel
128x128dwgingrich
No problems. The problem arises the other way where some US cords are only spedified at 300V or so, which is too dangerous to use on 230V - you need something rated at 500V minimum for 230V operation. The biggest concern is voltage migration.
>>"not sure on cable size. i dont have it on me at the moment so i cannot check. its actually for a lite Ah DAC i purchased. the power on the unit was changed to 115v to be used in the US."<<
>>>>>>>>>>

No problem. I doubt if the unit even draws 1 amp,
120V X 1 amp = 120va watts.
not sure on cable size. i dont have it on me at the moment so i cannot check. its actually for a lite Ah DAC i purchased. the power on the unit was changed to 115v to be used in the US. I just noticed the cable said 10A 250v on it. i didnt *think* it would cause any problems... the power cable really on serves as a *bridge* between the surge protector and the actual unit correct? in addition, i noticed at DIYcable.com the IEC plugs are 15a 250v and these cables are commonly sold for usage in the US i believe.
>>"Simple question. Is it ok to use a 10a 250v power cord in the united states on 110-120v products?:<<
>>>>>>>>>>>

Look on the outer jacket of the cable. Does it give the wire size? For USA power cords it does. Example, 18/3, 16/3, 14/3, 12/3, ect. Good chance the cable is equivalent to 16/3. Might be ok, maybe, for a CDP but I would not recommend it for a preamp and definitely not a power amp. Jmho.

Jim
Great thanks guys. I'm just starting to get into the HiFi work and I am quickly realizing there are many *facets* to this hobby that require understanding. Thanks again.

-Daniel
10A at 250V is the same power as 20A at 125V; if your connectors are compatible then it seems that you are safe to use the cable