1099-K from PayPal (tax form)

It looks like I am getting a 1099-k form from PayPal for the first time. I sold a lot of audio items last year, used, while upgrading my system and swapping things around. Obviously I am not a business, not in this for profit, and did not make money, lost money. It’s just a hobby, a costly one.

I am guessing I have to report this with my taxes. However, the form only has the gross proceeds from PayPal, not my original purchase price. How do I deal with this? Any particular section on Turbo Tax to enter these?
128x128thyname

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

So many variables/possibilities (why I mentioned contacting a tax attorney).       Wish I could better advise you, but- my tax situation is vastly different.
You’re being stuck/1099ed for supposed, "profits".    The only option is filing a long form (a 1040, the long way); deducting whatever might be considered, "business expenses".    ie: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/deducting-business-expenses      Only you can determine if it’s worth the time/effort (possibly: business license, contacting tax attorney, etc).                             Remove the space between, "the" and, "IRS"; to find the government’s foundational attitude, toward your finances.
In that case: you’re paying the state's, "lawmakers" not to lock you up for, "Possession".       They’ll pocket MUCH more, that way (all they really care about).                                                             Enjoy the buzz and count your blessings!