Zu introduces Soul 6

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/soul-21

Major changes:
1. $5999 starting price
2. Okoume standard finish instead of hickory
3. Bigger cabinet - up from 31.5" to 36"
4. 120 days to audition in home!

Zu claims Druid 6-type performance, deeper bass than mk.II, more amp friendly, horn-like impulse response.
I am intrigued.  Soul Supreme is a nice value at $4500 so Zu must really feel this a step up in performance to price it above that.  

whoopycat

213cobra

"I’m giving my pair of Soul 6 another week or 10 days to further settle in, then I will post complete comments, including some comparative notes relative to Soul Supreme, Druid 5, Druid 6 and Definition"

18 days and counting........

:)

Yeah. Busy. I am having a small crowd in on Saturday so I can include a summary of external perceptions.

The speakers are fairly well settled in, but still not fully burned. Zu has come to the conclusion that the Soul 6 is so transparent it is revealing consequences of insufficient burn-in of the wiring harness. Pretty close now, especially on single-ended amps.

Phil

Hate to press but......how do they sound? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good luck. Love/hate thing All press relaeses, FANTASTIC. which tells me nothing What is true is the super duper high sens at 100 db. I can assure you w/o hearing the Zu line. that 100 db sens is going to be very forward on the midrange. Guess no Zu fan wants to talk about that evident fact. Personally I would never buy a speaker with a sens over 95db sens. Even with my low 10 watt SET amp.

I'm writing tomorrow. I did a detailed comparison with Druid 6 over the weekend, and listened to Soul 6 on ten different topology amps.

The high efficiency is unrelated to fears of forward midrange. That's a nutty idea. There are other factors in a speaker that can result in that but if a neutral 100db speaker sounds forward, you have problems upstream from the speaker.

Writing this up tomorrow.

Phil