Zu Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale today

The good folks at Zu certainly know a thing or two about creating hype around new products. The Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale this morning. It was positioned as a first come first served release with a November delivery. I bought a pair with the "supreme" upgrade. A little risky buying without hearing them first, but I figure I can probably unload them if they're not to my liking, since they'll probably sell out. Any thoughts on these or Zu in general for that matter ..

128x128davidrolon

Ditto on audition if you can. Zu has a generous return policy since they know you can’t just go down to you local hifi store (if you have one) and demo. 

And yeah unfortunately the CXA61 lacks a phono preamp. I have a couple but will likely fire up my Schiit!  I don’t spin a ton of vinyl but certainly enjoy it as a source. So far very casually think this Cambridge sounds better with these speakers than the Arcam SA20. 

I don’t think it sounds as good as my Benchmark Dac3/Rogue Audio Stereo 100 combo but again not a fair fight. I’ll also get around to some blind sound level matched testing at some point to see if I can put my money where my mouth is. 

Happy Listening. 

I'm definitely getting older and must be losing my mind. I posted on this forum earlier and evidently, I posted an incorrect Zu speaker that I own. In 2019 I purchased the Omen MK II.

For the record, I'm blaming those of you that had posted such positive comments about the new Zu speakers ;-) (and I really like my Omen Mk II). I just ordered a pair of the Union 6 Supreme in clear hickory with silver rings, they are supposed to ship today. It will be interesting to compare them to my Union Mk II speakers.

@lak 

Congrats!  Super interested. I was on the fence about springing for the union.  I am loving my DW6 Superfly. Def let us know what you think. 

@lak 

please do post a follow up on the Union 6 Supreme. I am interested in them, thinking they would be a good match with my room and electronics (posted here) Thank you in advance for your time!

@bourbonkernel ​​@moofoo: I'll definitely post my impressions in this forum as soon as I receive the speakers and give them some break-in time. Jim at Zu Audio said although the speakers had 300 hours of break-in time, the silver internal wire will probably need some additional time.

BTW moofoo, your (posted here) above is not working. I did look at your systems, which system are you thinking about using the Union 6 Supreme in?