Your Ultimate Phono Preamp: Which One Would You Choose?

Imagine you’re in the market for a high-end phono preamp (your ultimate, at least for the moment) and have the budget to splurge.

Which one would you get?

Perhaps you've already got it, which one?

go4vinyl

i would agree about the cat legend phono if you have a conventional cartridge,but the ds audio optical system-phono stage($3500) and cart($2500) of course run into my cat line stage gives the cat phono/line lyra atlas or vdh colabri a run for the money.

I've had the Rogue Audio Ares tube phono amp for years and loved it.  You can really dial in the exact settings for your cart.  But a couple of days I sent it off to have it upgraded to the Ares II Magnum.  Can't wait to year the improvement I've read about.  Nick Fitzsimmons at Rogue even sent me a prepaid (by me) UPS label from an outfit they use called Pirate Ship.  Saved me about 40% on the insured cost of sending the amp back to them.

My very long term experiences had with Phonostages, allows me to say assuredly that ' Probably' is the best word to use in conjunction with 'end game Phonostage'.

I myself like to think the experiences had and learning as the outcome, has led me to Phonostages that reiterate the search is now lesser of a requirement and the Phonostages in use are foreseen to have Longevity in their role.