Your opinion members of the sonics of the Bricasti M21 and Berkeley Alpha Reference 3

Hello Audiogon members and I hope all is well and you are staying safe. I have looking at some DAC's over the past few months and looking at these two. I have a couple of other threads here on Audiogon on the Berkeley's and my research continues. I do not stream music at this time....I will in the future but not now and that from what I am learning does have an effect on what DAC is best for that option, but that is down the road. I just have my own Redbook library at this time. I have set up a system to my ears that is both musical as well as detailed and we all know that there were ultimately concessions made on trying, trying to obtain that balance. When you add a DAC you are adding a lens or adding a '' flavor '' if I may, so looking for a DAC that has both of those characteristics if possible. Let me know if you have possibly auditioned either one of the se DAC's and your responses would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
garebear

The DAC in the Esoteric CD player is probably awesome. If you aren't going to stream I have my doubts if it would make a big difference. I know there will be people that will disagree.

I purchased the M1 a few months ago and decided to upgrade to the M21 while I was in the return window. The M21 is worth the extra $$. The analog volume stage makes a difference. More detail, impact and dynamics plus just nice to listen to for hours. No complaints whatsoever.

@modavid 

Where did you get your Bricasti? Considering the m21 or an Audio Note DAC. What else did you listen to?