Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
Having been a speaker manufacturer 25 years ago and getting out of the game to re-enter the consulting arena, I have to say Penaudio stopped me dead in the water. Silverline follows them. But, at the end of the day, let your ears decide, not any thread. Fun thread Sonicbeauty! Good topic!
...but of course we're the VMPS dealer here in NY ;). You're always welcome to schedule an appointment and decide for yourself.

Regards,

Rupesh
ACI Sapphire. I'm surprised no one has mentioned ACI yet.

For 25 years they chosen not to advertise but to make their reputation on word of mouth. For my money the ACI Sapphire is a fantastic value. Scan-speak tweeter, Vifa woofer and extremely solid enlosure. It compares favorably to the Totem Mani-2, and although the Mani outperforms it, it's also over $2000 more.

I also own the Quad 11L, which as someone said, is not well known in the US. It's a decent speaker and good value. It seems well engineered and performs beyond what you'd expect a speaker of its size.

With the Quad 11Ls I was pleasantly surprised. With the ACIs I was blown away.