YG Acoustics add in Stereophile

I saw the YG Acoustics add in Stereophile and was wondering if anyone knew what "Competitor" speaker they were refering to in the measurements. I heard the YGs at CES and they sounded great to me.
dawa5309
Is it true that a) YG takes longer to break in and b) though they seem to avoid publishing data, they are quite insensitive and need a lot of power? ..as in 200W in 8 ohms solid state wld be the bare minimum?
Henryhk, yes I do believe that YG speakers require a somewhat longer break in period that the average high end contender but it is not outrageous. They sound perfectly agreeable right "out of the box" but bloom progressively at least through 120 hours. I stopped timing after that because they sounded so good at that point that I just didn't care and got completely lost in the music.

I do believe that YGs like lots of clean SS power. I use a McCormack DNA 500 rated @ 500W into 8 ohms, doubling to 1kW into 4 ohms. I have always contended that this amp is a "giant-killer" priced @ $7k even before I owned the YGs.

Dick Diamond, YG's Director of Sales & Marketing, kindly visited my home to assist with the placement and voicing of my new Anat Reference II Studios and I do not think I am exaggerating his enthusiasm for the DNA 500's performance by recounting his intention to mention this amp to Yoav Geva himself as a contender.

Well, I've heard the Anat stand-mounts and the same model with the bass module (the model name escapes me now) at my dealer's, with top class electronics, and I sincerely don't understand what the fuss is about. Right, they sound good, no doubts about it. But so does a lot of other stuff at much lower prices as well.

World's best? Not even close in my book. :) But if others think so, I'm happy for them - no offense intended!

As always with high-end gear, an audition is a must.
Osgorth, no offense taken here.

Hey, at least you listened; which I suspect is the goal of the whole "World's Best" thing anyway. Got me, a long time Wilson aficionado to compare them in my home just to confirm the hubris.

To my surprise, they actually were the best I'd ever heard.
So I bought them. Kipods first, now Anat Ref II Studios.

But the ever-shrinking world still has room for plenty of "bests".
May each find their own.
Thanks Khrys. I had auditioned briefly the Anat Ref modules on stands awhile ago, but it was a) the first day the dealer received a pair and b) I asked them to use a power amp of similiar power capability of mine (they used a 150W amp in 8 ohms which I was not familiar with). I found the imaging the best I have ever heard, unreal really, but no bloom, sort of steely. But I always thought I probaby check them out again once they are broken in, and next time to try various degrees of power...given at the end of the day if I end up loving them I can always think about power amps later.