Yamaha NS 1000M left right difference

I have a pair in good shape. I have been listening for them for a few months and enjoyed them very much.
Lately I started feeling the sound is not even between them.

I think the left speaker sounds a bit better more open and clear in mids and highs. It seems like it has slightly higher volume than the other one. It is very subtle but I tested myself for sometime to be sure this is what I hear. I may also be wrong.

They have high and mid L-Pads. The L-Pads are not acting the same. On the left, the one I feel is better, both L-Pads shut the sound (mid or high) when turned all the way left (below -3db). On the right one both do not.

Does anyone has experience with it or knows how it should behave when it's working well?
Any idea how I can test the speakers it to be know if they are acting exactly the same or not?

sbenyo
Thanks for the feedback.

I did try to swap them. I am actually running now the other way from what I am used to and I still feel one sound a clearer than the other.

I don't know how to test the L-Pads or clean them properly.
The NS-1000M has a massive L-Pad and I am not sure I to get good cleaning inside.

It can help if you can explain how is best to clean them.

One thing that is strange to me is the both L-Pads on each speaker behave the same but different between the speakers. It might indicate something else is wrong which is not necessarily the L-Pads.

I still think the first step is to rule out the L-Pads themselves. I can also try to switch L-Pads between speakers even though I first want to try things like cleaning without cutting/connecting wires if possible.

I have a complete set of crossovers, L-Pads and wires from a pair I had a few years ago. Let me know if you have an interest in them. 
Thanks. It's an option. I will first do some checks and try to identify the issue. If it will still be relevant I will contact you.