Yamaha integrated amp as3000 vs Pass integrated

Hi ! I’m very interesting in the new line Yamaha AS3000 and want to hear other have compare it with some of the pass labs int , what are your thoughts on both of the gears , so far I been looking at a used totl Yamaha but I haven’t seen any come up used , it kinda rare here so it made me think that people must love and want to keep it , so what are your thoughts ?
atl4love

Showing 3 responses by sjtm

BTW, I have tried Pass (Int150), Hegel (160) and Ayre (AX-5). Ayre was the only integrated that sounded noticably better than the Marantz( although barely). At 2 1/2 times the price used I was happy staying with my Marantz. 
From what I have read, the as3000 is rated at 100w at 8ohm and 150w at 4 ohm. You should study your speaker impedance and see if there are any significant dips. I use the Marantz PM 11s3 which is conservatively rated at 100w at 8ohms and doubles to 200w at 4 ohms. Bench testing confirms both ratings are significantly understated. My Focals dip down to 3.2ohms at 100db. This integrated drives them beautifully. You can still find this amp used for around $2,500-$3,000. Built like a tank, but Marantz does not get as much love as some other brands. 
Atl4love - please direct me to where I can purchase a Marantz PM 11s3 for $1,500. I will buy it ( already own 2). The S3 was discontinued 2 years ago when replaced by the PM-10, a class D typology. You may occasionally see the PM11s1 or PM11s2 for $1,500-$2,000 but these are now 10+ years old and the S3 benefitted from upgraded features. They all however are built like tanks, all built in Japan and are reference quality. I also have two SA- 11s3 sacd players ( I have two systems) and all four units have worked flawlessly in the 3+ years I have owned them. I went through nearly the entire line of Marantz integrateds over the last 7 years ( PM-5005, PM-6005, PM 7005,PM-8005). All worked perfectly. Tried other brands along the way but kept coming back to Marantz. FWIW