Yamaha A-S801 for Dynaudio Evoke 20

Hello. I’m in love with the Dynaudio Evoke 20. They borrow some of the best stuff from Contours but at a much smaller price. Heaven.

I’ve heard them with Hegel H190 and they sounded stellar. But I don’t want to spend on the Hegels right now as this is for a second room. Our local dealer has some deals on Yamaha A-S801 and Yamaha A-S2100, both in stunning silver and both a fraction of the Hegel price. 

My question — will Dynaudios work well with the 801? That seems to have enough power, and gets rave reviews for its musicality.

Most of my music will be practical — spotify premium or tidal pro. And 60% music, 40% movies content from Netflix etc.
Thanks
julie_priest

Showing 6 responses by julie_priest

Thank you! Love the info about Ohno cables. I was thinking about Nordost flat cables, which are hifi and all but expensive. 
Question about  subwoofer — why 80hz? Is there some science behind why it’s set that high? I’d expect the woofer to take over the frequencies below, say, 40hz.. or an I misunderstanding how the woofer kicks in? 
Thank you @douggie8. I'm looking for something in silver finish. Perhaps Cambridge Audio CXA81, but they're twice the price. Yamaha's S801 looks pretty good. Just wondering about the SQ.
Thank you @mesch and @twoleftears ...will ask my Dynaudio dealers to help me test with A-S801! 
@mesch  yes, I am interested in a one-for-all. Source is Tidal / Spotify Premium on Mac Mini (I'd move to Tidal entirely but the UI is woeful and their music selection is about 95% of my playlists on Spotify). I have a Modius DAC now, and if I were to also buy an amp to pair with it, the overall cost would be higher than the S-801 Yamaha. I could consider just the S-701 but I think the integrated 801 will be better. Does this make sense?