Yamaha A-S3000 - any experiences?

This integrated seems real interesting - have you heard it?

Have you heard it with a turntable as source, using its phono stage?

A concern for me is that they chose 50 ohm for the fixed MC value (usually it's 100 ohms to accommodate most carts) - I have a Shelter Harmony that states 'within 100 ohms'...I wonder how that would affect the sound (I think not much, but...)...anyways, please share if you have any experiences of this amp...MANY thanks and Happy New Year to you all!
go4vinyl

Showing 2 responses by jwglista

The A-S2000 I think has much better bass response when using the balanced inputs.  The bass punch with the 2000 is definitely good, it's mainly the extension that I feel is a bit lacking.  It doesn't go as low as my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium.

I used to own a pair of Golden Ear Triton 3 speakers that had built in subs, and I would really notice the difference there.  
I currently own the A-S2000, which I have enjoyed thoroughly over the years.  I've been on the hunt for another amp, solid state or tube, that offers a significant upgrade in sound for the price.  So far I haven't found that amp.  I would say the biggest weakness of the 2000 is the bass extension.  I'm also considering a Pass Labs INT-30A, which should have a similar sound signature, but not sure how that would compare to the 2100 or even the 3000.

Has anyone been able to compare the 2000 to the 2100 or 3000?