Xangsane SP-9001AG silver interconnect

So, encouraged by friends I've bought some bulk Xangsane SP-9001AG silver cable.

The cables has two squarish/flat solid core silver conductors (purity supposed to be 4N), one silver plated copper drain wire, teflon, cotton, copper foil, and finally silver plated copper mesh.

Jacket says OCC.

Well, it's been playing in my system since a couple of days, burn-in is far from being over, but I can already tell this is a very very good cable, with great tonality, fantastic transparency, dynamics, taut and strong bass... this is the best cable I've heardin my system (by hundreds of miles), and according to some friends you need to go very, very high in price to find a better silver cable.

rolox

Showing 5 responses by rolox

@roxy54 I haven't tried the other cable, no one I know of has. But I believe there's some magic to that particular geometry and rectangular conductors. 

@soix your concerns are understandable but I can tell you, each and every guy I know who's tried it have stopped looking for the perfect cable. My friend has been pushing me to try it for almost two years now, but I was reluctant to change my complete cable loom. Eventually curiosity (and the need for better shielded cable) finally got the upper hand and now I just wished I had done it earlier! I have no means to test the purity of the silver they use, but the sound is telling me the 4N claim is most likely true. And, buying the cable in bulk and terminating it yourself is not only very cheap, it also allows you to see how seriously and beautifully it is thought out and built. 

Guys, not willing to create an argument but, the SP-9001Ag seems to be VERY special. I’m not sure ordering the 9003Ag is the right move. Just because it says "6N" doesn’t mean it sounds better. According to the friend who recommended it to me, the 9003 is bound to sound less good because the conductors have an individual shield on top of the external shields common with the 9001. According to him, that additional shield around each conductor is the perfect recipe for reduced dynamics. He knows a thing or two about those things, as he builds tube electronics and high sensitivity speakers for a living. He also compared the 9001Ag to AudioNote AN-VX, AudioNote Sooto, and Neotech Nemoi 1220. According to him, the 9001Ag is much better than AN-VX, better than Neotech 1220, and comes very close to Sooto being just "a tiny bit less fruity and expressive" (his own words).

It should be noted that Neotech 1220 and 9001Ag use a very similar geometry with rectangular conductors.

Not that it wouldn’t be interesting to compare 9001 and 9003, but at the very similar prices, I wouldn’t take a chance and would just go for the 9001. It’s not clear wether one of the two should be superior to the other, maybe different uses, different preferences or the need for an extra layer of shielding in ultra polluted environments for the 9003.

That same friend has also noticed that 9001Ag sounds better for RCA with one square conductor on signal, one on return, shield connected at source end and drain wire cut flush at both ends, than using both square conductors on signal and drain wire on return. I have just sent a mail to Xangsane to ask how the finished cable using 9001Ag they sell on their website is terminated.

@roxy54 let us know how it sounds! After all, there are quite many cables with that kind of shielding geometry, so... you might be pleasantly surprised no matter what my friend thinks! 

@jerryg123 you do you, but you’re missing out on a great cable. Easily as good as / better than a lot of the US or European competition, specially at those Lower end prices. Just because it’s made in China doesn’t mean it’s crap.

@rickysnit how would you describe the differences in sound between the 9001 and the 9003?