Xangsane SP-9001AG silver interconnect

So, encouraged by friends I've bought some bulk Xangsane SP-9001AG silver cable.

The cables has two squarish/flat solid core silver conductors (purity supposed to be 4N), one silver plated copper drain wire, teflon, cotton, copper foil, and finally silver plated copper mesh.

Jacket says OCC.

Well, it's been playing in my system since a couple of days, burn-in is far from being over, but I can already tell this is a very very good cable, with great tonality, fantastic transparency, dynamics, taut and strong bass... this is the best cable I've heardin my system (by hundreds of miles), and according to some friends you need to go very, very high in price to find a better silver cable.

rolox

Showing 7 responses by rickysnit

I've never once been disappointed with anything Xangsane. There is this other ongoing thread on chinese counterfeit cables - it's redundant, most if not all counterfeit cables are poor, irrespective of counterfeit or not, which I don't really care either way.

Xang on the other hand, go full chinese, it's excellent product, all of it. 9001 is great cable, I find the conductor a bit thin, I'd really recommend the 9003ag, that is fine cable. Their silver solid core is just excellent too. I've found their premade stuff a bit pricey, but their silver ethernet cable is also excellent - I usually do not hesitate in the least on Xangsane, I know I'll be sent great sounding quality whatever it is.. 

You know what, on this cable and 9003, it is in some of my most important interconnects, but a few days ago I built my main DAC>Pre XLR interconnect using 18awg Mundorf SilverGold solid core with AliExpress 18awg occ as drain wire - twisted, soldered with mundorf solder on Neutrik - it smokes Xangsane - while not by a night and day, it would run only a bit more than the pre-made Xang and is a way better interconnect, it’s the best wire I know.

Mundorf SGW110YE

Used this for ground wire: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004011494030.html

On Rolox's original post, 9001 is darn fine cable for the price, almost unbeatable elsewhere. Some could have a preference to the 9003, but 9001 is just great for the money.. @rolox I'd try the 9003 on any other IC you might be considering, having extensive experience with both, it would be my pick of the two - but really you can't do wrong with either and especially at $40/m bulk.

On the 'sterling' reference, it is interesting, it's a lost in translation thing I think..

Not bad, this is silver/copper alloy though. If it were down to that, I’d look into Mundorf Copper Angelique solid core, make an IC out of that.

Trial and error, I’ve found one needs to be careful with silver out there.. I bought some pure silver wire from a similar seller, similar dated website, and the sound was horrible. Turns out, he had some kind of jewelry friend, and made wire out of purified old silver jewelry - homemade style with chemicals, etc then pulled through to make wire. That was a $100 experiment down the tubes for me unfortunately. Xangsane product, I can say with a lot of experience doesn’t have that issue has carries exactly the silver sound one is after when looking at silver for IC.

Jerry, I've just recently gotten in to SimAudio myself, mine is the 280d, I've been just thrilled with it over the few months have had it - your 680 must be superb with the other gear..

Beautiful. The LessLoss looks to maybe have an Amamero USB module, I’m going to have a closer look at the Innuos - really beautiful stuff Jerry. 👍

@rolox not a huge variance, and largely subjective as I hadn't really done a proper A/B on both, anecdotal observations from switching stuff back and fourth - caveats out of the way, I would classify 9003 as just overall better - full spectrum, clarity, details, low frequencies - but again, difference isn't night/day. The way to go with either is DIY in my opinion, both are more involved to work with, 9003 there is a lot more prep work before solder. Working on 9001 the conductors are thin and had broken on me a few times, I would generally go with thicker silver with 2+2 config in 9003. in single ended you would combine all 4 conductors for even thicker signal lead. If I were to buy more, it would be 9003 over 9001. Both are superb value/performance  for the price. All Xangsane I wouldn't hesitate in the least.