WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
Back from Technetron listening to my system now with a big fat smile on my face. They did an outstanding job, the facility is not large its NYC space, the rooms were narrow, I was worried about scratches and dents but I found nothing they were very careful. They gave me a detail receipt with all parts and labor listed. Overall I received a bag with all the old parts including Resistors, Capacitors and Transistors. It says 14 hours of labor. They adjusted regulator bias, adjusted output and DC voltage and cleaned controls I have 90 days warrenty. I will go back to Technetron for future repairs they had high end equipment over there. In my opinion this is the best way to enjoy high end equipment, buy used at a great price and find a good repair shop. The parts they used are top of the line, all capacitors 105 degree Nichicon. The only negative comment I have is they did not accept credit cards, I could have gotten 2% cash-back lol, no big deal. As stated the amplifier should be good for another 14-15 years. I purchased a second used 23.5 for a low price in mint cosmetic condition it needs repair, going to save up some money and fix the second amp. I am still planning one day on buying the 33H going to save up and find the right pair at a good price that will be my dream system been planning this for many many years.
@jeffvegas,

key point is comment by @testpilot, and agree. nothing wrong with the amp, but they are known for running hot and being hard on caps. so maybe first question you need to ask is can you recap it yourself? If so then by all means jump in with both feet. If those skill sets are not yet developed then figure in the cost of getting it done at some point into your purchase price.

best
Hello jeffvegas, Glad to hear you're back on track.My local dealer sold Levinson during the Madrigal era, and I remember the transition from the 23.5 to the 331/332/333 and later the 334/335/336. I never owned any of the 33X series stuff, however, I listened to it plenty. Mostly on Wilson Watt/Puppys and Thiels back then. The sound of the 335 was definitely on par with the 23.5, as I recall.
 The George Meyer 335 looks like a sound deal, and a safe way to go.
I cheated!!! I bought a Krell FPB 400 CX. Sorry Mark Levinson. The deal on the Krell was too good to pass up. 

Uh oh, sooner or later you may regret buying the Krell.  Everything you and others were stating, regarding how timelessly good Mark Levinson gear is, I believe is true. 
     My only personal  ML excellent experience is  with a ML 326S preamp but I don't think I could be more impressed or pleased with its performance in my system.  I don't recall reading such exemplary praise being bestowed upon older Krell gear but maybe there is some and I just missed it.

Best wishes,
    Tim