Would I benefit with Roon?

I use a Bluesound Node 2i with a power supply upgrade in my main system and a Vault 2i in my second system. The Vault has about 800 CDs and my old iTunes in it. They are both on the same LAN so I can access either and listen anywhere in my home. I stream mostly Qobuz, Amazon Music, and various streams through Tune In. I like the Bluesound App (on two computers in two locations) a lot, but find that it gets clunky and has to be rebooted from time to time.

Would I benefit with Ron?

adeep42

@adeep42 Its been a couple years since I looked into Amazon Music on Roon. I was told that Roon needs a list (daily?) of changes in the offerings from the streamers. Amazon could not or would not provide it. Have not investigated lately. I’m a Prime member, so it would be nice if Roon could offer Amazon Music. TBH, I’ve not missed it…

I am the go poster. Another big question. I listen to some FM stations using Tune In. Is that compatible with Roon?

And one last question. I use the Bluesound app on two computers in different parts of my home. they are on the same network, so I can control from two locations in the house. Will I be able to download Roon twice.

I bailed on Roon and have never been happier (use Innuos app now)

Their customer support model is terrible when you need real help so beware.

If you are lucky to not have any issues then it's fine

@adeep42 I used Roon for quite a while (I have a lifetime subscription).  It has an excellent interface and more bells and whistles than any other music management system that I've used.  It had more features than I needed, but that's another story.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I started using the Innous Sense app and stopped using Roon in my listening room.  IMHO, Sense's SQ is noticeably better than Roon's.  I still use Roon but moved Roon Core from my Innous Zenith to a Mac Mini.  I now use Roon for my whole house music needs, connecting Roon to Airplay speakers in almost every room in the house and the backyard. 

Roon is a great product, and you can't go wrong with it.  I just found something I like better (and Sense is free!).