would a Joule OPS- 1 be an upgrade from an 834P?

a couple of Joule OPS-1 pres are for sale used, a mk III at $1000 and mk IV at $1500. Not much more than my Ear 834P would bring, so I though of upgrading. The EAR stuff seems to hold its value better than lesser known brands. The Joule has a separate tube psu, is made in America, and appears to be a finer device, but I have never heard one. Would appreciate thoughts from anyone with experience with the Joule phono pre (or knows anything about the Mk IV upgrade, it isn't listed on their site.) I love tubes, but have come to agree with those who say the EAR 834P lacks clarity and definition; need to do make a reasonable change about it before audiophile fiscal insanity takes over.
128x128lloydc
If you want more clarity ( neutral presentation ) at a great price,you might want to consider the Minimax Phono..Great piece for the price and will compete with many higher priced pieces,,,Looks cool and sounds great............
I love my Joule OPS-1 mkiv....it sent a Xono packing, being better than the Xono at its own game. Now, it has been awhile since I heard the EAR... and not head to head with either the Pass or the Joule... But the Joule responds to tube rolling, isolation, and power cords. The Ear can be upgraded by replacing caps and tubes, but the Joule comes with some killer caps and resitors already! handles .4mv carts here while still being dynamic, and quiet. But the EAR has good press and pub too...