Worst Concerts You Have Attended ??

I just left a remark about a favorite band of mine back in the day - April Wine - that I saw in concert and was disappointed. Could have been that it was an off night for them, or maybe they were never good in concert. Maybe the lead guitarist had too much to drink? April Wine was not the worst, however. I remember Neil Young in the 1990's who was on his one-man acoustic show type of tour that many artists were taking advantage of (perhaps for financial reasons) during that time. While a friend of I had near front row seats at Desert Sky Pavilion (now Ak-Chin) in Pheonix, the crowd was just roused up into a frenzy by the warm-up band (James) and here comes Neil and his guitar/harmonica. Wow, what a sonic letdown. I remember getting up and leaving and feeling Neil's glaring eyes on us as we ushered out. I think, to this day, he probably still remembers me. We all can remember the great live concerts we attended, but what were the worst and why?
goodlistening64
I don't attend, (just watch them on TV as a curmudgeon viewer) but the annual Grammys. The performances get worse as I get older.
Funny, and good, that everyone's different. As goodlistening64 referenced in the thread's opener, I, too, saw Neil do has solo act at Deer Creek Ampitheatre, Indianapolis, late 90's. Beautiful fall evening with a full moon. To this day, his rendition of 'Harvest Moon' that evening is the most memorable musical experience I've had to date. And I've been to a show or two. Having a very cute young lady's head resting on my shoulder might have had added a little something to it, but it was just a wonderful experience, regardless. When he laid into 'Like a Hurricane' on the pump-pedal organ...YUM. 

Always fond of CSN&Y. Had chance to catch CS&N at Deer Creek as well. Expectations were perhaps a bit too high. Michael Hedges opened. I'd never even heard of him before. And he just killed it. Simply mesmerizing. CS&N came out sounding/looking dreadful. Weren't even close to being in the same game. Still's should have just come out and said 'sorry folks, we simply can no longer give you what he (Hedges) just gave. Good nite.'

Indy put on an outdoors Jazz Festival downtown late 90's. Broad range of serious talent. Richard Thompson did a short solo set on acoustical guitar. Somehow, and I'd never heard this before or since, they had his guitar in 2-channel stereo over the PA system. Confess I've never really been a big Thompson fan, but whoever was running the boards and however they dialed in the mic-setup was epic. It was a broad, open, fairly expansive chunk of lawn. Nothing intimate about it at all. But i've never heard any PA'd concert acoustics that have ever come close to that since. Outstanding. Wish more attention were devoted to dialing in the acoustics. Makes all the difference in the world. 

Todd         
@ecolnago -- I gotta ask. Are you honoring Ernesto (who I had the opportunity of meeting once)? Or are you committing an unpardonable sin by contemplating/constructing an electric 'Nag?
Afraid I've no idea what an electric 'Nag could even be...?
Many (many) years ago I acquired a Master Light frameset. Only other Colnago frame in town (Indianapolis) was something, story told, that Ernesto had built for the Russians and wasn't particularly all that nice and it's tires never touched the road.

For a couple years, I was the only rider in town straddling a Colnago. Slowly they started popping up in the region one by one. Picked up a C-40 some 20 years ago. It remains main primary road ride. In a position now that I could have pretty much any bike I might want, but I just can't let go of the C-40. Fits perfect and just feels so damn good. Very 'old school' now by appearance, but really don't care. Always Campy. Love Dura-Aces ergonomics and endurance, and quite fond of the Sram Red set-up on our tandem, just thinking Ernie might be a little disappointed were his machine not all Italian...
Did have chance to meet Mr. Merckx at the Atlanta Olympics, but would loved to have also made Ernesto's acquaintance as well.