Wilson sophia typically found with solid state

Just wondering are the wilson sophia's ever driven with tubes? It seems that most are running on ss. I just heard them at a show room and they are incredilbe transparent and dynamic. How do they sound with tubes?
pedrillo
Yes! You will not have any problems with tubes.
The largest retailer here in Canada said most of them ended up going out with solid states even though they had a beautiful set up with VTL References MONOs. They work well with both SS or Tubes.

Everything else is as important as making a Sophia purchase,placements,cabling.....and so on. I ended up going SS myself.
I used mine with BAT 75SE for a long time. excellent, excellent combo. best sound i ever had.
i've heard the sophias sound brilliant with the VTL S-400 stereo amp - and also the new VTL 450 monos. both were paired with VTL pre-amps (7.5 & 6.5). the sophias also sound superb with the MBL 9007 monos.
i heard the sophia 2s driven with a tube mcintosh amp & mcintoshi 300/400w monoblocks solid state. While the tube amp sounded nice, i felt it was not able to control the bass well enough.
I much preferred the solid state presentation of the mcintoshes. It had more control, more dynamic and bass was very good.
I have found on many instances having tubes somewhere in the system  truly adds to the realism , normally a good SS amp 
with a tube preamp ,or dac, turntable helps ,that being said there are always exceptions to the rule ,your cables, as well as speakers 
Especially speakers having the final say in their voicing .