Wilson Sophia 2 vs B&W 802d

I am close to purchasing a set of Wilson Sophia 2's. I have embraced Home Theater on a limited basis using B&W 804s,B&W HTM3s, and Quad ESL-63's on the front. I enjoyed the set-up but, since music is 80%vs HT 20% I have elected to upgrade the front two channels and just go with a 2 channel HT for the moment. Since my processor allows phantom center with shifting to L/R of center channel, 2 channel is very appealing.

I believe the Wilson's are very musical and very detailed at lower volume levels.

Do you think the Wilson's will retain as much value as the 802d's on the used market?

Does anyone have any differing opinions on the selection of the Sophia 2's over the B&W 802d's? Thanks in advance
jetusmc
Hey Jetusmc, where is the B&W forum with the 803d thread?

Still leaning toward Sophia II myself also.

Never considered Ushers because I haven't heard them and don't know of any dealers where I can listen to them. I would love to find the sound of Sophia's for less, just haven't heard it yet.

Used is a very good idea, but the II's are relatively new(I think). The 802d on the other hand........definitely maybe.
http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=19095....I hope posting this link is permissible...If not, I guess you will never see it.
If status is not a hangup for you, please find and the Pardigm S8's with good electronics(not anthem) for an audition. While I haven't heard the 802D or the Sophia's, I have auditioned the 802's and 3's in several setups. For my ears,the s8's are a step up from the std 802 in 2 channel and WAY better in HT. The 803's can't handle HT bass at all. IMO, like the previous post, B&W's don't reproduce from mid-bass on down. I purchased the s8's based on their 2 channel perf, the HT was just a bonus.
Thnaks for the forum link Jetusmc.

I can arrange to listen to the Paradigm for 2 channel purposes. There is a Paradigm dealer a couple hours away. I don't do home theatre unfortunately. I never really considered the 802 or 803 to be lacking much in the bass department(2 channel). But I don't have any experience with them in a home theatre setting either.

Thanks
Well, I took the plunge and took delivery of my New Wilson Sophia MK2 tonight. I very excited about setting them up in the morning.

I really appreciate everyone's input and I am sure each one has there strengths and weaknesses. The decision basically was made by limiting my selection to speakers that were stocked by a dealer I have known for thirty years Thanks Again