Wilson Sasha 2 - too much speaker for room size?

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a pair of Wilson Audio Sasha 2 speakers. I have two related questions.  My dedicated listening room is 15’ x 18’ with 8’ ceilings and I am a little concerned that the speakers may be too large for the room for good bass response.  

1)  Is it likely that they will over pressurize the room?

2)  Are there any general guidelines to follow regarding total woofer surface area vs. room volume?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts/opinions

cjcool
It’s possible but has to be done right. I have a pair of Sophia 2’s with dual JL Audio F112v2’s subs in a 14 x 18 room. I confess that I had some professional help in the set up but can tell you once it was set up properly and the level controls properly set, it sounds great! Don’t be afraid to ask for some help in the set-up. Good luck to you,
Mike
I've heard the Sophias at a high end open house in a room about the size the OP describes. They sounded *great*, with no issue concerning overloading the room. I think it's a good fit for that room size.

I've heard many demos at various rooms at that high end shop and there are definitely some speakers that overload their rooms, but those Sashas did not. They may have used a pair of bass traps but I honestly can't remember. The sound was clean, articulate, and musical. Having D'Agostino's Momentum electronics didn't hurt either. :)