Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi

Showing 4 responses by georgehifi

I find them to be extremely unattractive...and extremely overpriced.
 I have no desire to own a Wilson Audio loudspeaker system. Never have, never will.
It’s also my prerogative to opine that $300K is ridiculous for these uber ugly monstrosities.
That fine, and it’s your opinion, say it once and move on.
Others including myself can really appreciate their swiss made exactness fit and finish and the way every Wilson made has sounded great with the rights amp/s.
They can’t be powered by gutless flee powered, small current limited amps, and those amp lovers hate Wilsons for that.

Cheers George

Have you Wilson baggers ever listened to a pair of Magnepan Tympani, Acoustat 6 or 8’s, Kef Blades, IRS Infinity’s, ML Monoliths or ML Neolith’s, Double Stacked Quads, SF  Stradivari Homage etc etc, they all have the same walk into massive image as all big Wilsons have. Your all just envious of them and of those who can buy them.

Cheers George

+2 Prof. The ones bagging them, wouldn’t say no to them if they had a slimmest chance of owning them.
Seems just like tall poppy envy syndrome to me, they can’t afford them, but many can, so they bag them.

Cheers George

$300,000 buys a lot of concerts....you know...live music? Reality? For years....Probably decades...

Think your forgetting the drool value of them. And the brownie points you get here if you own a pair, speakers that is.

Cheers George