Wilson Audio Sasha 2 & Avalon Indra

Do you think Wilson Audio Sasha 2 & Avalon Indra is the same level’s speaker?

And Wilson Audio Alexia is same level with Avalon Eidolons Diamond?
mm622

Showing 6 responses by bo1972

It is a nice thing that we can choose from so many different flavors. At the end it Always will be a personal matter. You are the only one who can make the best choice for yourself. It is that simple!
First of all the way how they build a stage is very different. The Avalon's stage is wider and deeper. Within the stage you do a less intimate individual focus of instruments and voices.

The Wilson give a less wide and deep stage ( even with the same cables and electronis. Within the stage the individual focus is more intimate. There are still other brands who can give a much more palpable stage compared to the Wilsons.

The most crazy thing is the difference in the overwhole sound. The Wilson have more power in the low freq. Also classical music sounds a lot different played on the Wilson compared to the Avalon.

They are both not easy to drive. The also created both acoustic limitations. The Wilson even more cause of the bigger dynamics.

Speakers are Always a personal taste, so you are the only one who can make a decision about which speaker you prefer.
The biggest limitation of Avalon ( sold it for over 6 years of time) is the individual focus of instruments and voices within the wide and deep stage. In real instruments and voices are a lot more physical apparent. No matter what kind of cable you use, amps, conditioners, sources it does not come close to the real thing.

You need a lot more than a wide and deep stage. When you know properties of speakers you also know the limitations. Some limitations you can solve, others you can't.

In the US you have so much to choose. Use these possibilities. And when you find one you like try it at home.

Enjoy the search for your speaker. Because you are the only one who can make the choice, no other person can do it. It is that simple!
Thiel&partner has nothing to do with Thiel loudspeakers.
Take a look on the internet.

In the US you have a lot of options. I would take a listen to a lot when I would spend that kind of serious money on a speaker.

I Always love the time to compare loudspeakers. It is so much fun. Some say; it is for fun than owning them!!
They are both not my first choice. This has to do with the caracters of the two.

I think for jazz I would prefer the Wilson. But again it is still a personal matter.

WA uses big bass reflex ports, you Always hear it back in every room. You need to adapt the room to get it right.

Other speakers can be easier in set up.

I cannot listen to classical music on WA and also not on Avalon speakers. Because in my personal opinion the sound in real is a lot different. Even tubes used I still don't like the sound of them either.

Thiel& partner units have what I call a mjehhh in the mid freq. I call it colouration. When you hear a double bass it is more pronounced in the mid freq. than it is in real.

I delivered a set of speakers this weekend to a person who owns and plays a double bass.

I had the same feeling again when I heard him play.

The WA gives a lot of low freq in your room. With a double bass you hear and feel the energy. It can be a little too much.

* if I were you I would take a lot of time listening to more different loudspeakers. At the end you will find the one you prefer most.

Goodluck.
"That is hilarious. Avalons are known as imaging champs and creating a superb, life-like soundstage. "

The soundstage of Avalon is huge, wide and deep. This is a fact. But listening individual to all the single parts of the recording you miss the sharpness and full round physical image. Instruments and voices are extreme small in real. But they are also more what I call round. There is full air around them.

Ribbon tweeters can make the stage in front of a speaker wider but also physical more apparent. Going back to the Avalon you hear a huge difference in how sharp the image is focussed. It is less physcial.

Since today I play with 2 Audioquest Wel Signature xlr cables. I will write a review in a few weeks.

This cable is able to give you the round apperance and extreme small intimate image as it is in real.