Wilson Alexia 2

Any suggestions for electronics for these speakers. Something that would do them justice but moderately priced.  Is McIntosh a good match or is there something better in that price range?  Ie: Spectral, ARC, Krell.  Looking for bang for the buck but not cheat the speaker either. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110

Showing 8 responses by carey1110

Thanks guys I have moved up the food chain now to the Wilson Alexx V. Now my search is for this one but the synergy will be similar. If any of you know much about this one I’m open 

So anyone heard them with Mcintosh gear?  Don’t want a hyper detailed sound that isn’t musical. Yet I don’t want them to be veiled either.  Musicality is priority 

I tried the spectral but wanted something that draws you in to the music a little more. While the Spectral was very good in a lot of ways but You have do do the entire system and I didn’t feel I liked enough to make the commitment.  Something a little more organic. Gryphon sound like a good choice too. I’ll have to check it out. Checking out the Mac system as well 
I like tubes too I just figured that with the Alexia 2 id probably need amps with a lot of control so I though a solid state would be better for that reason. Anyone using tubes with the Alexia 2 ?

Wow that’s very helpful,  I’ve been considering this i400 myself. Haven’t heard it yet but plan to very soon. I had the Dag s250 in here but did blow me away enough to pull the trigger. Thank you for sharing.