Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof

Showing 1 response by starr9ba6

In my dreams! With a wife, 3 kids, and a healthy guilt complex about indulging myself, I have a hard time supersizing my quarter pounder meal! I've never even bought a set of speakers! Have always made my own-(Remember Mcgee Electronics? I was a big customer). Results have been mixed-have yet to build a set I couldn't find fault with. My midlife crisis is just around the corner though and I've actually been auditioning speakers that weren't built in the garage. I've been asking myself daily "Will you actually spend 500.00 for speakers?" If I go stark raving mad and actually go for some serious high end stuff, where would be a good place to look in the detroit area?