Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof

Showing 1 response by johnmhuntbch

Martin Logan SL-3's @ $2k to $2.5k used, or ML reQuest for $1k more, are way ahead of anything in the sub-$5k arena for a wide range of music. Their only shortfall is ultimate bass extention(sub 30hz), not a big issue for most music. The sound stage is huge & real enough to just walk up onto & into the stage. If you like a limited variety of musical styles & a more intimate sound stage, there are box speakers like the ProAc 2.5 that work magic on Blues & Jazz, but don't rock & roll. Listen to all you can before you buy, and don't forget, your room is going to have a major influence on whatever you bring home, so pay more if you have to, but find a way to listen to what you like at home with your other components & your music in your room before you decide.