Will the Plinius 8200 Mk1 fit my needs?

Given that I listen everything from jazz to folk to electronic to metal, how would a Plinius 8200 work? I haven't decided on the speakers yet, but I'm leaning toward Dynaudio or System Audio. I like an open sound, with plenty of imaging, soundstage & dynamics... percussion is important to me! Any other recommendations for electronics that might suit my tastes? I'm trying to stay under about $1500. Thanks for the input.

Dennis
eeerie1

Showing 1 response by sherod

On the contrary, I had the Plinius 8200 and it isn't bright.If the Plinius sounds bright, then look elsewhere in the chain. I would search the threads under Dynaudio and see what amps some of the owners are/were using. I just sold my Plinius 8200 to a Proac speaker owner and he says they are a great match. He previously had a Krell integrated and it made his Proacs sound bright and sizzley.System matching is so important to get what your ears like.Plus the Plinius has 175W and lots of dynamic headroom for those Rock & Roll CD's.Try to audition in your home from a local dealer if you can.