will changing to solid-state make the bass in my wilson sophias better at low volume?

I've noticed that my sophias really shine when they're cranked up a bit, which is great, but I'm wondering if I can't get more of that, esp. the bass, at lower volumes. my tube amps (Cary Slam-100s in triode) are ~50w/ch, more than the 25w/ch minimum wilson recommends. it seems to me that I could either get a sub or try a solid-state power amp. it'd be easy enough to try either/both, but I'm curious what people have to say. thanks!
musicslug
You need a good old fashioned loudness control.
I have remote volume on my sub array for lower volumes. And three EQ units. A mini DSP has 4 presets you can setup for different levels.
I'm using itunes, which has a 10 band eq. I tried using that, but didn't like the results.
I second the "loudness control". 
I have Sophias also. I use my McIntosh equalizer to make a great old fashioned Loudness control. Just go along the Fletcher-Munson loudness curve.  On the McIntosh that means the most boost at 25hz, less at 50hz, least at 100hz.  Anytime I am not listening at full "audiophile" volume I have the equalizer on and it sounds great. At full volume the equalizer is not needed.

S.S. usually doesnt have good low volume detail which is a area where tubes shine. Odd to me that a speaker would not sound good at low volumes but "better" at higher volumes. 
thanks for the responses. I'll play around with the eq on my itunes, see if that does the trick.