Will a Proceed AMP handle LPCM input?

Does anyone know if the Proceed AVP will process linear pcm input? Namely, if I have a PS/3 decode the HD/Master Audio tracks, send them down the HDMI cable to a splitter/ssp which sends the audio output to coax/toslink to the AVP, can the AVP process the signal?

If the AVP can do, I'm sure the AVP2 can as well.

Thank you,
Tim
timjclark
Db,

I have a question for you that I'm sure is in the manual and if you want to send me there that is cool. But looking at pics on ebay of the pav/pdsd, it is not clear to me - how do you connect them together?

Tim
Tim,

A cable that looks rather like a phone line links the two, and they need to be linked to function. If you buy a pair, make sure it comes with that cable. We used our PAV/PDSD for both music and HT audio. I think you would be pleased with the sound quality these units can deliver.

db
db,

Does the audio signal ride from the PAV to the PDSD via that interconnect cord? In other words, if I have an analog source connected to the PAV but the amps all connected to the PDSD how does the analog signal get to the PDSD.

And as I type this question I realize, I have no analog sources at this time. But there is always the thought of a turntable.

Tim

Just in case you are unaware of this site, Proceed manuals can be downloaded here,

http://www.proceedaudio.com/docs.html

Definitely helped me with operation of a Proceed DAP.
Tim,

The PDSD has analog inputs that take the analog audio from the PAV and pass it through to the amps. Without checking the manual or pulling the PDSD, I don't recall if the cables are balanced or unbalanced. The control cable that connects the two units does just that. I think the menu runs in the PAV as does the volume control. There was a reason MSRP for the pair was about $10K in 1990 dollars. It was a sophisticated design aimed at being upgradeable by adding or swoping cards before Harmon came along. Madrigal provided great support. I once dropped the Amp 3, forgetting how front-heavy they are with the 3 big transformers. Madrigal repaired it and even paid the shipping costs with no charge to me. The HPA 2 and 3 at about 100 pounds are too heavy for me to lift, so I don't risk dropping them.

db