Why the lack of interest in Accuphase?

i'm surprised by the lack of interest in my Accuphase piece, and was wondering why there is little interest past the first day of ads.
Is 9/11 still efecting the market that much, do people not know and appreciate Accuphase, or is it just too expensive.
Love to hear any musings on the state of the used market. I would figure things would be getting better.
audiodynamo
Aknorth- Some good points made, however there is no DP-85v, it is simply a DP-85 -not a big error but could be misleading.

On the topic at hand, I had my accuphase pre for sale here and it sat a lot longer then I was expecting, it did sell. God forbid someone pays retail for this stuff your going to take a huge hit on the used market. There are no luke warm feelings about its styling either, love it or leave it to most -as stated above. I looked at your ad as well, you gotta remember that maybe it is a great unit and a fair price, but for 3k+ there are MANY choices, accuphase is a very nihce market, again as stated above, be patient; or keep it :)

~Tim
I have an Accuphase tuner that a friend (now deceased) gave me. It is up there with the best McIntosh, esp. after Don Scott did his magic to it. I agree with Aknorth there is a lot of grey market stuff out there. My inquiries to ebay A'phase amp sellers about the importer and voltage were met with silence. Audiodynamo, I would stress the provenance of your goods - no grey market stuff here on A'gon please. The best foreign sellers clearly state the status/voltage.
I bought my E203 amp and T105 tuner back in the early 80s'and it wasn't cheap then either but,it was the best audio investment I ever made. M. Yurcik.
Why would you pay US$11K for Accuphase DP-75V from US importer, when you can get it straight from Japan for US$2500 brand new and then do a 10 minute voltage modification to make it work in your system? I could care less about warranty, if you get one of the 3 or 4 best sounding CD players in the world at a savings of $8000, then baby count me in. If anything ever needed repair on it, I could hire the best tech in the country, take him out to dinner and drinks on my bill, and still be thousands ahead.

I'll take my chances. Who has DP-75V new, I offer $2500.
Glassboy, I agree with you, I just want to have full dislosure so I can make an informned buying decision, that's what it is al about, n'est-ce pas?