Why is there no love for Prima Luna?

I have noticed fairly negative comments on Prima Luna in various discussions. Granted, I’ve never heard their gear but they seem to offer quite a value proposition. Point to point wiring, auto bias, protection circuits, easy tube rolling, good parts and build quality. I had considered looking into the Evo series integrated but the brand seems to be downplayed on this forum. Anyone have direct experience as to why?
cincyhound
@tablejockey  Exactly. And he goes through all the variations pretty well. Made in China...with parts from elsewhere; made in America, with parts from elsewhere, including China; etc. Global economy, interdependent manufacturing, etc. There's a high cost to low prices and, in audio, there's a high cost for even high prices!

We (middle and especially, lower middle class) have paid the highest price of all for cheap prices; our standard of living has been reduced to poverty, as a result of loss of jobs, while the "corporate" politicians and corporations they serve, have gotten infinitely richer.
I cannot address the OPs question about love or lack of for Primaluna, as I don't frequent audio watering holes. However, I can say that from a nearly objective standpoint, there is something significant missing from my PrimaLuna Evo 300 integrated, which replaced my Cary amp and preamp.

In the Evo 300 I went through several iterations of tubes, settling on real Mullard EL34s and some great NOS 12AU7 from WWII, and while things have certainly gotten better, there is something lacking.

I tried looking for a new level of synergy, as everything else in my system was built around the previous amp and preamp, so I have changed speaker cables, speakers, output impedance, interconnects, cd players, and DACs, and there is just no way to avoid the fact that this is a different presentation than my previously favored Cary amp and preamp (these are old but upgraded units).

I am going to repair the Cary amp (my bad) and go back to where I once was: more energetic, more vivid, and more enjoyable music.
@audiomerk, if you want more warmth, 2 things you can do.

1. insert Shuguang nature sound 6CA7 output tubes, and replace the first two input tubes with Shuguang 12AU7 - TG.2. reduce the Neg feedback a bit on the amp, the imaging will greatly improve, and the imaging will be much more 3-D