Why Is Krell the a bad work???

I am new in this cyber town. Please explain why Krell is such a hated word? Most every review of there products are very positive. In fact I have a 200 FPB and love it.
vegasears
Khrys: Thank you for putting my mind at ease. For an instant I thought that I was imagining things:-)
Retroguy, I understand and agree with many of your opinions on audio. I form opinions by experience(in every sense of the word). The way all human beings do. I am not going to stand up, and give you a history of my audio experiences. That would be boring, among many other things. Suffice it to say that if you become a regular member of this site, the person I am(as well as other members) will be revealed to you on several levels. I do not subscribe to buying equipment sound unheard, if at all possible. More importantly, for electronics and/or speakers. You may be under the impression that you have been educated to the point where you feel you know what is important to know. If that is the case, I can assure you that your education is not yet complete(if it is even possible to attain). Interacting with the incredibly diverse and knowledgeable members of this site will teach you more than you would believe. That is, if you are of open enough mind to receive what they so graciously offer. I live on the east coast. For me to drive two hours(in any direction) brings me to an incredible amount of dealers. I can pretty much give a thorough audition to anything I am interested in. And, even more than one time. And I have the type of relationship with several dealers where I can perform a THOROUGH home audition of their equipment. I have learned that not everyone has this luxury. Some people live in areas where they do not have the opportunity to do this. They have to buy things based on our recommendations. That is why many of us offer our help in a heartfelt manner. We are talking about people's money and satisfaction here. Not to mention our own reputations. I agree that it would be nice to become infinitely familiar with a product before purchase. That is however, a utopian idea on many fronts. Working at a dealership is one of the few ways that affords this way of doing things. By that logic, you would only buy things that you would be selling; those being the only components you are capable of knowing on such level. Some could argue that would be more tragic than one who does not audition at all, but solely relies on the opinions of fellow Audiogon members. I think the ultimate goal of this hobby is enjoyment. However that goal is attained. I have found that those who don't espouse their knowledge or listening skills in an "I'm better than you are" mentality usually enjoy themselves more than those in the other group. Hope you take the time to join us for the long haul. I can assure you, it has been a tremendously rewarding endeavor for me.
Trelja, some points well taken. I think that I will join for the long hall, acornfedboy seems to be a decent gent afterall. Hatchets are buried deep. I never meant to indicate that I was some omnipotent audio god. I stated that what I learned in the store was the FOUNDATION of my of my knowlege. I have never stopped learning. I may sound arrogant, but I'm not just cocky. I have studied music and audio through the entire recording chain. I took classes in recording technics not at some engineer in a can type of school but at a working 24 track studio. The tuition was repaid in working the studio. It supplied me with knowledge that I would never have been able to get from a book. This was part of my foundation. my wife used to dance for the Geoffrey Ballet in New York, this supplied me with knowledge of music in relaition to movement and dance composition. I have studied alot more concerning audio than how one piece sounds compared to the other. Agian if this makes my posts sound arrogant or cocky I'm sorry. I'm glad you have such a diverse amount of good dealers in your area. UNfortunately, most of the good dealers in mine have gone to their demise. Bestbuy and Circuit city have taken their toll. You aren't going to find hi-fi in either location. BTW I have been a lurker on this site for around two years. I have done some buisness on this site as well. Everyone have a nice weekend, If I don't get off this computer, I think that I will have only two children to be concerned about putting through college.
I have several Krell products and enjoy their sound and technical finesse a lot. BUT ... when there is a technical problem (and there are some once in a while (opening/closing of CD player covers, function indicators, AC switches, usually this kind of 'small stuff'), then there is trouble and frustration. Their authorized repair agents in Europe (e.g. Germany), Hong Kong or even their 'home' in Orange, CT, are slow, unreliable and communicate in a way that is not up to the professional level the price of their equipment might suggest. I am right now waiting already a months for fixing a CD-player lid that got stuck. This side of their business makes it difficult to consider further purchases or recommending them to other audiophiles. In this price range one can expect highest quility not only in the equipment itself, but also in the service going with it.