Why don't more recordings have soundstage outside of speakers

I always enjoy it when the recording has mixing that the instruments are well outside of the speakers.  I think it's really cool and what justifying spending extra dollars for the sound.  I just wish more recordings would do that.  Most of them would just have the sound from in between the speakers.

What are some of your favorite recordings that have an enveloping soundstage well outside of the speakers?
andy2
Enjoy your coherent working, but ya not contributing to what the topic is about. Ya missing the point.
Enjoy your coherent working, but ya not contributing to what the topic is about. Ya missing the point.
Is arrogance the result of ignorance? or is ignorance the result of arrogance?

Egg and chicken ....

Who are you to declare after 35 posts that i dont contribute because i explain my view following my experiment?

Even if you are the man i know, an audio engineer , even if you are right about me and all i say is only bullshit, i post anyway reference articles and dont insult first like some but discuss; then what you just say is bullshit against me and claiming i miss the point because i say that music sound fill my room if the recording is well done for it is BAD FAITH completely....

I have my way to do it and describe it.... I call that contributing...

"Ya " denegrate of others is not contribution, discussing rationally is....

Ya not contributing to this thread Mr. Mahgister. Why don't more recordings have soundstage outside of speakers. Ya not answering that. Ya off on a tangent.
Ya not contributing to this thread Mr. Mahgister. Why don’t more recordings have soundstage outside of speakers. Ya not answering that. Ya off on a tangent.

I am not a recording engineer...

When i speak about "outside of the speakers" i speak about the DEPTH of the imaging....

The articulation of a soundstage laterally out of the speakers on the left and right with a depth imaging is the exception related to the recording engineer artistry....

Is your room able to reproduce the way the microphones catch the initial event IN HIS OWN WAY is the question to ask...It is always a translation.... My small room is not identical at all to any greater room or even to any other small room ....

Doubting that possibility itself, of a sound which is no more between the speakers only speak about YOUR own room limits or understanding, not mine...

Study Helmholtz.... 😁

His science is not enough to model mathematically the acoustical concept of "timbre" but is more than enough to understand minimally a room acoustic.... The electronical equalizer is after all only an electronical design  which mathematically capture ONLY an aspect of his resonators actions .... But no electronical equalizer seating in a room modify it by the only fact to seat there like the pressure engines called "Helmholtz equalizer" by me or a grid of resonators"....
As I listen my soundstage is 22’ wide. Speakers are 6’ apart. 50% of that 22’ wide soundstage is to the left of my left speaker.  It sounds lovely.  My own little Village Vanguard.  I am grateful.