Why all or most audiophiles are men?

I googled to find an answer but no avail. Something very interesting. 
johnwern

Showing 3 responses by cd318

Probably because nature deemed most women to be practical child rearers and homebuilders whilst men tend to be hunters by nature.

The big joke is that obsessive hunting for the great white whale of audio perfection can be an endless task with many pitfalls. Moby Dick anyone?

Women just don't have time for that kind of obsession and instead stick to humouring their men.

At least that's how it works out for me.
@larry5729, great post,

"If people listened to music there would be a lot less shootings."

The cathartic power of music is grossly underestimated.

"I wonder at times if people are allergic to music."  

We live in a busy restless world where music is all too often a accessory
(preferably portable) and not something to enjoy in it's own right. 

"I have seen entertainment furniture selling for well over $5,000 with a wide screen TV with no surround speakers. They are just listening to their TV speakers............really!"

Even those who aren't seem to prefer the look of soundbars and soundbases to loudspeakers (floor or stand mounted).
Perhaps they don't know that the TVs headphone out can be plugged straight into an amp via 3.5/RCA cable without the need for any separate DVD/amp cables etc?
@maguiar102, "I wonder if men use music to tame their male harshness.."

Well, looking at some of aggressive chest thumping that seems to be an ever present part of high end audio (also cars, gaming PCs etc) it is pretty safe to conclude you are right.