Who uses ADS Speakers

I worked at ADS in The late 70s and Find they are one of the best home speakers ever.

I always loved their accuracy.

128x128bstbomber

Thanks @rauliruegas - I was looking for a couple years for the C2000 but its really hard to find, and once I did actually find it but the sale didn't go through. I was then willing to try a Bryston 10b but all the reading I did about bi-amping these speaker just didn't really add up, and I was never that interested in a sub.... but I'm happy to read your experience and now might look at trying it again now with a sub. I don't know if I would want to wire direct to my amps, I move house too much for that.

I use ADS speakers in my main system.  I have the L1290 that were completely rebuilt by Richard So (tweeters, midrange, woofers and crossovers) that I drive with a Jolida 60W tube amp.  They sound great.

However, I keep thinking, would more modern speakers sound better?  What caught my interest are the new KLH Model 5 speakers, since they are also an acoustic suspension design.  Would they sound any better?

I bought some L810s around 11 months ago and haven't yet thought about removing them from the system. In fact, all I've thought about is buying another pair as back-up.

I have been using a ADS Sub 10 in my main audio system for the past more than 15 years and it has continually performed very well - augmenting my system with deep clean base.

Wile other speakers come and go my ADS sub will stay till it dies......Jim

Listening to my L1590 here as I type in my home office.  SS Monoblock amps, tube preamp.

Also have 710's.  Had the 910's.  

All great.

If you have any ADS speakers in the upper level that you want to keep in tip top shape, consider sending your tweeters and mids off to Richard so for a refresh before he hangs it up.