Who remembers the Dahlquist DQ-10's?

My first pair of "high-end" speakers.  Power hungry critters but what I would give for an updated pair.  I powered these with a Peavey CS-400 and a Maccomack Deluxe Line drive passive preamp!!  Those were the days!  Young and dumb I suppose?
128x128kenny928

Showing 6 responses by kenny928

Yogi - Thanks for posting that!  Interesting how much things have changed over the years in HiFi.
phil- That's when I first heard them.  Seems like yesterday, although in the late 70's.  Funny how everything high end was a $1000 back then.

Mofi - yes, a photo would be sweet
rodman99999-I heard rumors that the very change you mention made them sing.  I had new crossovers put in my Klipsch and talk about listening enjoyment! 
Whart - I knew I liked you for some strange reason, could not place my finger on it.  Now I know!  A fellow Pennsylvanian!  Born on the other side of the state, in Philly!  Small world!
martykl - Too funny.  Now that you mentioned it, I too remember the DCM time windows.  I did not like the shape of them but the sound as I recall was pretty good compared to others.
Whart - I too spent time in NY, Angelica then Rochester and from there to Maine.  Glad I left because the gun laws got out of control.  Now, I spend my time between Canada and Maine for work.  Off to Paris tomorrow then Calais.
Sbank - I grew up in Malvern and when I am back in town I will most certainly look you up. 
Small world for sure.