Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

I have begun this hobby when I was 11 and living in South America, especifically, Paraguay. I guess my first encounter with gear was through some borrowed equipment from my brother's wealthy Jesuit educated friends. Some old Technics receiver and turntable....Afterwards, I really into hifi or low fi when I got my own 1985 Sony MIDI system. It has been a long road since, 17 years, High school in a rough part of NYC, the Bronx, school in plush upstate private school and graduate school for an MA in Spanish lit from University of Kansas. I am doing this crazy job called teaching now. Not married, thank you, and I am an avid reader to this site, which, by the way, was directed to my attention by a dealer who wanted to make a sale, but I guess he never did....My system in the US consisted of SS, Carver junky amp, Sumo Preamp, Sony CDP, Infinity Kappa 9s and a NAD 3 head tape deck. Now, after selling, wasting money and time, my system for years to come is taking shape. Used SFL-2, new Sonic Frontiers Power 2, Gershman X1 and SW1 4 piece speaker system combination, Mcintosh MR78 tuner - Mint from EBAy - a rarity indeed not even one finger print mark on it!, and either today or Monday, the DAC-1 from Bel Canto which I will use to run with my DVD player. Although there is much I have learned from the site especially about stereos, I am always surprised to find the honesty and the tone of all people in the site, except those feisty types, a great surprise. This site is incredible and I think it is just the beginning of great things to come. Background...I am Korean, speak a few languages, my best being Spanish and English...others include French, Portuguese and Korean. Great thread.