Who is excited about Capital Audiofest 2023?

I find I am largely ambivalent and not sure if I will go or not.  It’s a nice event and I go most every year but looks like mostly more of the same old same old.   Are these shows really keeping up with the times? Anything really groundbreaking there to see or hear?  I wonder.   Might go tomorrow.   We will see 

128x128mapman

Showing 1 response by cd45123

Really good show, I was able to see a lot of rooms on Friday and Saturday. Quality was really good across the board. Many really solid rooms.

The MBL room was very impressive, but maybe a tad too much treble. Otherwise was a very impressive room.

Colin at Gestalt had a great room with the Lamm monoblocks, can’t recall the speakers but they were a lot of fun to listen to as Colin would spin many different records one after another.

Songer audio was very nice, a little too hot on top for me, but it was a beautiful sound. Nice stuff.

Tidal was amazing, probably sat there for at least 20 minutes listening to a ton of jazz. Really great room.

NSMT was a really good room, underrated.

Both Von Schweikert rooms were excellent this year, with the VAC room being completely filled with sound by their new $27k model.

Boressen X2 and the Forte 1 was a better showing than what I recalled from last year with the X3 and Aavik separates. 

Goldenear was probably my favorite speaker on the 8th floor. 

Really wanted to like the Magico S3, but sounded dead in the room where it was paired with MSB monos and their DAC, not much better with the Gryphon 333. Convergent Audio Technology was able to get the most out of them, but it still left me wanting.

Stenheim was also a bit underwhelming, even with those Dartzeel monos, just not my thing.

Lots of rooms had Joseph audio and those little standmounts were fantastic wherever I heard them.

OCD Mikey had a very smooth room, easy to listen to, good stuff.

Maybe my favorite room - Perlisten and Audia Flight, whatever was going on there it was captivating.