Who has the Technics SL-1500c turntable?

I will use mostly for casual listening of various LP's/45's/78's I took over from my dad. I'm not going to spend a ton. I want a built in preamp (I do not want other boxes). I'll purchase a separate headshell/cartridge for 78's. I will probably update the stylus from red to blue and use the red for records in poor shape. 

My other choices were the cheaper mass produced AT/Denon/Reloop/Ion turntables. 

Looks like the Technics checks all the boxes.

Opinions?
aberyclark
At 45 I decided to get married and start a family, so......
My VPI Super Scoutmaster (with periphery ring) , Primaluna Prologue 3/4 separate preamp/amp setup - has become a Technics SL-1500c and a Bluesound Powernode 2 (running Roon and Tidal - pretty awesome). I did keep my Zu Soul Superfly’s though.
My Black SL-1500c just arrived today. I love the looks but I feel a bit let down. First, it feels much lighter than I expected - but solid enough so no biggie. But that cueing lever - yuk!
I’m making an intentional downgrade from audiophile guy to just a hifi guy so I know I need to lower my bar a little - but for $1200 I expected a better feeling cueing lever.
I have 60 days to return the 1500, so I’m looking at used SL-1210’s (I like black) to see if that might be a better route. I just didn’t want all the lights and slider of the 1200/1210.
If I knew I could change the tonearm later, I would just live with it for now. But the 1500 doesn’t have the same arm mounting as the 1200 so those ebay armboards won’t work. I do have a 3D printer so I guess I could get to work designing a base to swap arms later.

Final thought- A new SL-1500c with an SME 309 would make me never look back at my VPI days