Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
@mowkewp4 I’ve listened to the B&W 704 S2 in a demo, but ended up getting the Monitor Audio Silver 300. The MA has the defined treble of the B&W and sounds incredibly "fast" for a dynamic speaker. The Silver 300s have a a smoother top end than the 704 S2 while not yielding any clarity or quickness. Subjectively, I think the Silver 300s also play much in a more coherent way than the 704 S2s. As a reference point, the 704 S2 was a huge step up for me from the B&W 603 S2 in sounding musical.
Thank you for the feed back. I appreciate it. I was truly surprised by the PSB and Q Acoustics lack of detail in the higher end. Luckily I was able to demo them both at home with free shipping and free returns. The BW DM 600 have a good detailed tweeter but overall, I need more. I will put the Monitor Audios next up on my list. There was a pair that came up in the fall and were gone in minutes
I'm in the camp that the KEF LS50 is way over rated for the price. I have a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 that sound almost as good for a third of the price.

Years ago I had a pair of Walsh Ohm towers that sure never did it for me and were expensive as heck. Same with a pair of Dynaudio Contour 5.4. Almost 10K and virtually no bass.

I have a pair of used NHT bookshelf in the garage and they sound great for what they are and cost. Had a pair of PMC TB2 out there that were awesome and wished I'd kept.
Like other have stated, have heard several B&W's and Monitor Audio's in high end shops and thought they all sounded decent but way to bright and would be so fatiguing in no time.
B&W 8 series ---Just plain plain and boring sounding.
Piega Master Line Source 2 --- I so wanted to buy them and then I heard them...ughhh just terrible
Magico S3&5 ---- they were just to bright and in your face.  I know I would have gotten tired of them quickly even though they are considered a high end speaker.

I will stick with my Viking Acoustic Grande Voix Dual Horn speakers everyday of the week.