Which preamps is better? ARC REF 3 vs MC-2300

I'm plaining to buy one of these pre-amps. Can anyone give me any suggest?
misterldk
I found the C2200 much better sounding than the C2300. With tube rolling you can tailor the sound since the stock tubes are junk.
Ref 3. Cmalak's description of the differences is accurate. I test listened to the Ref 3 once against the Mac C1000. I initially preferred the C1000 but that was because I was doing the comparison in a system with a Mac amp. I purchased ithe C1000 and was in an all Mac system for a few years until I heard an all ARC system. The differences are huge. Mac has a smoother and thicker sound. Fatter in the middle. But Mac also substantially obscures detail. A dealer who sells both once told me that he sells Mac to customers who want a user friendly experience with a nice blue-lit ambience. He sells ARC to those who want a more transparent sound without the ambience and less bells and whistles.
Thanks for all your informations. Because my uncle, he has a REF-5 and to me it's sound amazing. It's soft, warm, transparent and specially very very details. But I can't afford it so looking for step lower which is Ref3. But some of my friend say try out the MC-2300. So i'm not sure which one i should go to :(
Misterldk, did you mention which amp you're using? Synergy is very important. I own ARC gear and am a major booster. I used to own the Ref 3 and loved it. This may be heresy, but I didn't think the Ref 5 was in a different league than the Ref 3. I just upgraded the Ref 5 to the SE version. Jury is still out - I'm still running it in.

But . . . here's a simple synergy Q. Do you know the input impedance of your amp. The Ref 3 should NOT be presented with a combined output load of less than 20K ohms. I say "combined" because some folks like me run the amp off Main 1 and a self powered sub woofer off Main 2. The combined output impedance presented to my Ref 5's 2 outputs is 157K ohms, which is good.

BIF
If anybody on this thread was using stock tubes in the C2300, then it's a big mistake from the get-go. Mac uses absolute junk tubes.

I have not heard the Ref 3 in my system, only an LS25MK2 which isn't in the same league