Which DAC? SFD-1 MKII/Bel Canto DAC1/MF A3.24

Hello all,

I am looking @ the following DAC options since they are all around the same price. I dont want to spend alot on a DAC. I am would like some opinions on which I should go for.

1. Sonic Frontiers SFD-1 MKII $650
2. Bel Canto DAC1
3. Musical Fidelity A3.24

I am leaning towards the SFD because I am a big Sonic Frontiers fan. What do you guys think?

Totem Rainmakers
Class CA-100
Sonic Frontiers SFl-1
kowrath
Evan,

Trust me, I had the same reaction to Audio Note and Shigaraki from a price and performance perspective, but the research and concepts they presented convinced me that the non-upsampling filterless design was the way to go. That is how I ended up with Audio Mirror. You get the right design at the right price. Now, Scott Nixon and I believe Ack also offer this design in the same price range so you may want to check them out as well.

Vlad usually takes about 2 days to respond, lots of people trying to contact him. Be patient with him.
It's rather unfortunate, a Museatex Bitstream was just sold hours ago after only being listed for $300, it was unmodded. Even with getting John to mod it you could have probably have paid $600 for a DAC that would have destroyed the ones mentioned in this thread. Keep your eyes open if your still in the market.
I will have to keep an eye out for another Museatex. Do you have any information on the unit and or brand?

As for the Audio Mirror D1, it appears that the price has gone up due to demand. I was willing to take a chance for $499 but not "$700.00 ~ $800". Might as well get a SFD-1 for that kind of money. Ah well I guess the search continues. THanks for the idea though Clio, I will keep an eye out for a used one :).

Anyone else have some suggestions?
Kowrath,

Still a great deal at $700 - $800. I'd stay on top of Vlad about the $499 price, he just offered me a sweet deal on his PP1 preamp ($1200 MSRP) so he is definitely negotiable.
@lush I have the itch of getting the SFD-1 MKii. Currently, I am using the Museatex Bitstream (unmodded) which I am very happy with. When I saw your response, I wanted to ask if you had a chance to compare the SFD-1 MKii to the Bitstream. I am curious if the SF DAC can sound more analog than the Bitstream?