Which Classic Componets Would You Collect?

I asked this question in a different way in another thread and didn't get any responses. Because I'm a collector of many things, enjoy the hunt for new treasures, and have recently caught the audiophile bug, (I've purchased three tube components from Space-tech, the Sony SCD-777ES CD transport, Totem Wind speakers, Magnum Dynalab MD-90, Linn Sondek LP-12 and some other equipment) I would like to know what would you purchase for audio component(s) that either are already classics or that you believe will become classics and very collectable over the next ten to twenty years?

In this list, I would assume the Linn Sondek LP-12 would be considered a classic and because of this I'm also assuming that it's value as a piece will not diminish much over time. Maybe the Sony SCD-1 will fit in here, because I think that it was the first class A SACD player and may still be the best out there. I would be curious to see your choices.
128x128jcbach

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Well "Jcbach":

If I am were to purchase any components today that I think would destined to become classics over the next 10-to-20 years, then it would be the following.

(01). Vandersteen 2C Speaker System (any incarnation).

(02). McCormack DNA-0.5 Power-Drive Power Amplifier.

(03). McCormack TLC-1 Passive Line Stage.

(04). Magnum Dynalab FT-101 FM Tuner (and I am fortunate to say that I currently own one..... THANK YOU, JESUS)

(05). conrad-johnson Tube Preamplifier (the PV series).

(06). Thorens TD-160(?) Turntable (this is the design that influenced the eventuall introduction of the Linn LP-12 Sondek).

(07). Rega Planar 3 (the original one).

(08). Nakamichi Dragon Cassette Deck.

(09). Nakamichi 1000 Cassette Deck.

(10). Sony SCD-1 SACD Player.

(11). Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD/CD Player.

(12). Nakamichi SR-4A Stereo Receiver (as far as I am concerned, this one is already a classic..... just like the Linn LP-12 Sondek, the Vandersteen 2 Speaker System, and the Magnum Dynalab Tuner).

I am sure there are others that deserve mentioning also. But these are the VERY components that I think will become classics in the next ten years or so. Some (like the Magnum Dynalab FT-101 Tuner, Vandersteen 2 Speaker System, the Thorens TD-160(?) Turntable, and the Rega Planar 3 Turntable) are already classics.

--Charles--