Which amp for Marantz Av7005/ B&W 680 speakers

I recently purchased the Marantz AV7005 to replace an Onkyo receiver pushing my B&W's. Have 683 fronts, 684 rears, htm center. Will be using 685's as surrounds once I decide on amps and figure out how to properly mount. B&W does not have any useable chooses other then stands which I currently have but want to elevate for function and appearance.
What I need input from all of you is in my choice of amps. I am leaning towards Emotiva XPA-1's for the fronts and possibly XPA-5 or purchasing a XPA-2 for rears with the monos for the fronts. If I get the sound I'm looking for with a 5.1 setup then that's ok, I will use the 685's somewhere else. Even with that underpowered onkyo I was able to piss off the neighbors 2 units away.
Ideally I would like amps that have plenty of clean/useable power in reserve but could handle the needs of the B&W's, they are amazing speakers but seem to starve for power. Also want amps that won't push me into upgrading my speakers. I think I may have caught the audiophile bug, I always seem to be chasing that perfect sound/performance.
Have a budget of $2500
rpi

Showing 1 response by swdealmaker

I am using a SunFire 5 channel power amp with AV7005.  Driving energy 2.2i front energy center and rears.  I am having issues getting adussy to work my Sunfire subs to my satisfaction.  I like the DAC in the AV7005 or I might go back to my Sunfire preamp.  I have owned about a dozen Carver and Sunfire amps, always been satisfied.  If you buy a Sunfire power amp let me know and I will get you in touch with Bill who worked at carver and still recaps and updates all the products.  He did my three subs and just updated my Sunfire 5 channel power amp.